Bananas have been given a bad rep because of their sugar content, but this fruit has much more to offer than just glucose.
They are packed with potassium, are made up of 75% water, and also contain fiber and protein!
All around this fruit is a great staple, especially if you're guilty of having an insatiable sweet tooth.
Another food that people tend to shy away from when dieting is bread. That's why we combined the two in this healthy banana bread recipe.
Best of all there is no added sugar, butter or oil, so you can take care of two cravings without feeling guilty about it later!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour or whole wheat
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas until smooth.
- Add in the greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla, mix.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Gradually mix in the flour until no streaks remain.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.