When you’re in a hurry the last thing you want to do is spend precious minutes in the kitchen trying to make something healthy and tasty. With this lightened up chicken salad sandwich you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time with a full and happy stomach!
And best of all? You can use leftovers to make it!
- 2 cups leftover rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 1/2 cup grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices bread
- 4 leaves Boston bibb lettuce
In a large bowl, combine chicken, red onion, apple, grapes, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve sandwiches on bread with chicken mixture and lettuce.