Stress Level Control
Of course, while we can’t control everything or avoid every stressful situation, we can control our environment and our response to stress. Here are a few quick tips to help you manage your stress levels:
● Organize - This will help keep you on track and makes your days go smoother
● Identify Stress - When you start to feel anxious or irritable, determine the source, and take mental notes on how to distract yourself from it.
● Exercise - working out releases endorphins which make us happy thus reducing stress
● Relax - Anything that brings you peace is considered relaxing and being relax helps you keep calmer in the face of stressful situations
● Sleep - Not getting enough sleep is a major cause of stress and has been linked to weight gain. Lack of sleep also causes the body to release cortisol, which, in turn, messes with your sleep cycle and makes it even more difficult to sleep
Now that you know that stress may be sabotaging your fitness goals, it will be up to you to be preventive. Even if you’re not stressed now, putting strategies in place to stay that way can be crucial for staying on track, no matter what your long-term weight goals might be.