We scoured the internet for the best veggie burger we could find, and from the moment we took our first bite of this sweet potato and black bean burger we knew this was it! Alice from Sauce Pots has created a recipe that is not only healthy, and delicious, but also filling! Every part of the process was simple and it looked amazing once it was all cooked. Just look at these photos and tell us this doesn't look mouthwatering
"THE RECIPE IS SIMPLE TO FOLLOW, AND THE END RESULT LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE A BEEF BURGER THAT EVERYONE WILL QUESTION WHETHER OR NOT IT'S REALLY VEGETARIAN!"
3 roasted sweet potatoes
250g of brown rice
2 spring onions (green onion)
1tsp Sea Salt
1tbsp smoked paprika
A pinch of cayenne pepper
4tbsp plain flour
Coconut oil for frying
1. Preheat skillet to medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of coconut oil, or just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
2. Roast sweet potatoes until tender then scoop inside of the potatoes into a bowl and cooked rice.
3. Mash half of the beans and add them to bowl. Add unmashed beans (do not mash these, just mix them in).
4. Finely chop green onions and add to bowl along with combined spices, salt, pepper, and flour. Mix to combine.
5. To form the patties, scoop out a large ball of mixture onto a well floured surface. Flour the top of the mixture as well. Shape the ball into a patty, about 1.5 inches thick, and wide enough to cover the bun you will be using.
6. Cook each patty until both sides are golden brown with a light char, and the center is warm.
And there you have it! Pair this burger with some of your favorite roasted veggies and you'll have a meal that you can really look forward to!
NOTE: The longer you cook these the dryer and firmer they will become.