I try to eat low-carb during the week and was craving potato salad so I made this mock “potato” salad with cauliflower in place of potatoes, plus all my favorite add-ins such as chopped hard-boiled eggs, mayo, pickles, dill, and red onion.
WOW is all I have to say!! This turned out better than I could have imagined!
I also love that it’s so much easier to cook, no peeling potatoes! The hardest part is peeling the eggs, which are not hard if you make hard-boiled eggs in the instant pot!
Full disclosure: this won't taste exactly like the potato salad you've grown up with. But! If you're looking for something with a similar taste and more inline with your keto diet THIS is the recipe for you.
I tested this twice to get it perfect. Chopping the cauliflower small and cooking it until it’s tender is key to success. The first time I made it, I swapped some of the mayo for Greek yogurt, but liked it better the second time using all mayo. I also think this gets better the longer it sits! This mock “potato” salad can be refrigerated 3 to 4 days.
- 1 pound cauliflower florets, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise (I love Sir Kensington)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoon fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 medium celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- paprika, for garnish
- Place 1 inch of water in a large pot with 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Chop 4 of the eggs and add to the bowl with the cauliflower. Slice the remaining two eggs for topping.
- Add pickle, celery, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and red onion. Add the mayo mixture and pickle juice to the cauliflower and toss gently to evenly coat. Garnish with remaining sliced eggs and sprinkle with paprika.